Icom pioneered the floating VHF marine radio and others followed. Setting a new trend yet again, The IC-M24 has a flashing light feature that activates when the radio hits the water, even if the power is off! If you drop this floating radio overboard, it's easier to find than ever, day or night.
Energy-saving 3.7V circuitry
• The IC-M24 is powered by the 3.7V Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-266, to reduce the volume and weight of the radio. A newly developed PA circuit produces 5W (approx.) RF output and powerful 600mW (typ.) audio even at this low voltage, while saving battery consumption for 10 hours of operating time. *Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90.
Easy to see large LCD
•The large, easy to see LCD (32 × 16 mm) offers a clear 2-digit channel number indication.
Built-in regular charger circuitry
• Recharge the IC-M24 by plugging the wall charger directly into the radio. By eliminating exposed metal charging points, the IC-M24 is even more protected from water damage.
Volume loud and mute functions
• The volume loud/mute functions temporarily change the volume to the maximum/minimum level with two touches of a button. Depending on the background noise level, you can easily change the volume level to capture the received message.
• Submersible construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
• Dual/Tri-watch functions
• 4-step battery life indicator
• Weather channel with weather alert (USA version)
• One-touch access to Ch. 16
• Auto scan function
• Tag scan and Favorite channel functions