The M506 series gives customers the option of a full featured VHF fixed mount, radio with an integrated AIS receiver or radio with AIS plus NMEA 2000® connectivity. The M506 is packed full of features including ‘Last Call’ voice recording function, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology plus Icom’s new intuitive menu-driven user interface and large dot matrix display making it really easy to use.
Icom’s M506 has received the NMEA Best VHF Radio Product Award for 3 straight years 2014-2016.
Output power: 25W
Hailer: 25W listen back hailer
GPS: Optional external GPS/NAV interface NMEA 01833/NMEA 2000 depending on the version
Waterproof rating: IPX8
Versions: Radio only with NMEA 0183, Radio only with NMEA 0183/2000® (front or rear mic version), Radio with AIS receiver + NMEA 0183/2000® (front or rear mic versions)
Integrated AIS receiver
•The M506’s with the integrated AIS receiver can show AIS vessel traffic information on the display. The AIS target call function allows you to easily set up an individual DSC call. The Plotter, Target list, and Danger list can be toggled on the display.
NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 connectivity
• With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000, the M506 can easily connect to a NMEA 2000 network and interconnect with other equipment. Also the NMEA 0183 input/output can be used for external GPS/NAV interface.
Section station option
• The optional COMMANDMIC, HM-195B/SW provides second station capability for using the M506 from a separate cabin or tower. Most functions including DSC and AIS functions can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom between the radio and the COMMANDMIC.
• Active noise cancelling
• Last call voice recording saves the last two minutes of the last incoming call or start recording manually
• Intuitive menue-driven user interface
• Class D DSC (meets ITU-R M493-13)
• Connect with other radio devices with the VE-PG3 RoIP gateway• Compatible with both 12V and 24V systems
• Learn how to register your DSC radio
• 15W audio output power with external speaker
• Weather & alert channels
• AquaQuake® draining function
• 80dB (typical) IMD and channel selectivity