Faster DSP unit and in-house DSP expertise
• Icom brings out the best DSP performance combining more than ten years of DSP technical know-how and much faster DSP processors. Icom's in-house DSP experts have developed a IC-746PRO/7400 series replacement that every operator will be proud to own. In addition to the higher speed DSP, the AD/DA converter, AK4620B, provides a higher dynamic range and superior S/N ratio.
• Introduced with the IC-7800, a double conversion superheterodyne design, with an image rejection mixer for the 2nd mixer stage is employed in the IC-7410. This receiver design not only reduces the electronic complexity, it greatly reduces the number of internal distortion points from older triple and quadruple conversion receivers.
+30dBm third-order intercept point (IP3)
• In Icom's continuing efforts to create the best receiver, the design of the IC-7410 incorporates the latest in DSP software technology and Icom's analog RF circuit experience for a +30dBm* IP3, rivaling the IC-7600. The end result, clear reception of weak signals surrounded by QRM from broadcast and neighboring ham stations.
Three first IF filters (3/6/15kHz)
• The IC-7410 accommodates three 1st IF filters with the 15kHz, 1st IF filter supplied, while the 3kHz FL-431 and 6kHz FL-430 are optional for better receiver performance by protecting the desired signal from nearby strong signals. (Fixed for 15kHz in FM mode.
Large, multi-function LCD
The display increases in width from the IC-746PRO/7400 series. The large multi-function LCD shows frequency, 9-character channel name, channel number, multi-functional meter (includes S-meter, RF output, SWR, ALC and COMP level). The dot-matrix portion of the LCD shows the following items:
• Channel name
• Function key assignment
• Band scope
• RTTY decoder screen
• Memory keyer contents
• Graphical SWR scale
USB connector for PC control
• The IC-7410 has a standard type B USB connector and can be connected to a PC. Modulation input, audio output, RTTY demodulator output and CI-V command can be controlled via the USB cable. Also, the conventional CI-V remote control jack is built in to the IC-7410.
RTTY demodulator and decoder
• The built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder allow you to instantly read an RTTY message on the display. No external units or PC required. The built-in tuning indicator visually helps in critical tuning.
Simple band scope
• The built-in simple band scope shows the band condition at a glance and is handy for searching for active stations.
Wide range of DSP features
Using the latest algorithms, the digital features give flexibility and speed needed for working in tough RF conditions.
• Digital IF filter allows you to choose filter width and shape factor
• Digital Twin PBT eliminates interference by changing the IF bandwidth and/or shifting the IF frequency
• AGC loop management with programmable AGC time constant
• Auto/manual Notch Filter provides more than 70dB attenuation and eliminates unwanted beat tones
• Noise Reduction can enhance the receiver's signal-to-noise ratio
• Noise Blanker reduces interference from pulse-type noise
• RF Speech Compressor increases average talk power, improving signal strength and readability
• User programmable tone control: microphone equalizer, SSB transmit passband width, receive HPF/LPF and receive audio equalizer
Ample CW functions
All of the following CW capabilities are included in the IC-7410:
• Large CW pitch knob and independent BK-IN (break-in) delay knob
• CW waveform controlled by the DSP
• 4 keyer channels with 70 characters of transmit memory per channel
• Multi-function electronic keyer with adjustable keying speed from 6–48 wpm, dot-dash ratio from 1:1:2.8 to 1:1:4.5 and paddle polarity
• Bug keyer and full break-in function
• Continuously adjustable CW pitch control from 300–900Hz
• Double key jacks (Front and rear panels)
• CW reverse
• A high stability TCXO crystal oscillator provides ±0.5ppm of high frequency stability over a wide temperature range (0°C to +50°C). This allows for a long steady operating time in digital modes.
Large heat sink
• When compared to the IC-746PRO series, the IC-7410's large heat sink improves heat dissipation. Even during long hours of heavy duty cycle operation, the IC-7410 provides stable output power.
• Built-in voice synthesizer
• User programmable band edge beep
• VSC (Voice Squelch Control) function
• Two preamplifier types: Preamp 1: Improving IMD characteristics, Preamp 2: High gain preamplifier
• 20dB built-in attenuator
• Built-in automatic antenna tuner
• CTCSS tone encoder and decoder
• Triple band stacking register
• Quick split and frequency lock functions
• RIT and ⊿Tx variable up to ±9.999kHz
• SSB/CW synchronous tuning
• 1Hz pitch tuning and display
• Program, memory, select memory, mode select and ⊿f scans
• Automatic tuning steps
• AH-4 control circuit AH-4 (PDF)
• Large independent MIC/RF power and Notch knobs
Rear Panel View