F.A.Q.

Why do we need preventive maintenance for our radios or repeaters?

Preventive maintenance is an important part of a walkie talkie. Like all equipment in a building, your walkie talkie system will have wear and tear and normal wear and tear can result in lower machine efficiency. Preventive maintenance assures optimal working conditions and conserves the life span of the equipment. Preventive maintenance checks for deviation of frequencies, which, in the long run, will affect the mainboard of the walkie talkie or repeater.

 

How is the coverage without a Distributed Antenna System for a building?

A lot depends on the size of the building as well as the materials used for the building. We have had examples where using a point to point walkie talkie (meaning no repeater), is able to get coverage of up to 10 floors,  but on the other hand, a 4 storey data centre, with reinforced floors and higher load-bearing, we were only able to get from one corner of level 1 to another corner of level 3. 

 

Are we able to enhance an existing Distributed Antenna System?

Yes! We have done various enhancement for buildings that were not designed or engineered for extensive coverage and we re-engineered the existing antenna network, calculate the link budget calculation, and enhance the coverage for that building.

 

What is the industry practice for coverage of in-building?

Our benchmark has always been 95% coverage for our in-building designs. The remaining 5% is for lift shafts and staircases. We do place a great emphasis on AHU rooms and services as we know that most technicians do work in those services and the constant communication is critical, especially if it’s a one-man operation (OMO).

 

Will there be any downtime during preventive maintenance?

We strive to have as little downtime as possible so that it doesn’t affect your operations. And that is why all our equipment are portable so that we can do the maintenance on-site.

Get in touch

with the Professionals

Contact Us

Get in touch with us now, to get a

professional site survey or your maintenance servicing with us.

UEN: 198004679W

© 2020 by Suneast Pte Ltd. 

CONTACT

Phone: 6296 4233

Email: info@suneast.com.sg

28 Senang Crescent, 

#06-03/04 Bizhub 28,

Singapore 416601

WORKING HOURS

Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm​​

Sat, Sun: Closed