700mW* loud audio
• Because air band radios are usually operated in high-noise environments, it is essential for the radio to provide loud and clear audio. The IC-A15/S series employs a BTL amplifier that doubles the audio output, offering loud and clear audio that’ll cut through cabin or tarmac noise. *Internal speaker only
Full keypad type or Simple keypad type
•The IC-A15 full keypad type allows you to input the channel or frequency directly and has an exclusive button for the 121.5MHz emergency channel. The IC-A15S simple keypad type provides simpler operation with a minimum of buttons that is suitable for ground crews.
Compact, lightweight and rugged body
• The IC-A15/S series is compact (only 120mm tall) and light weight (approx. 350g including antenna and BP-232N). The water resistant construction, equivalent to IPX4, provides reliable operation in wet conditions.
Large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack
• With the 2300mAh (typ.) large capacity Lithium- ion battery pack, BP-232H, the IC-A15/S series provides stable output power and 20 hours long (approx.) operating time*. The BP-261, battery case takes 6 AA (LR6) alkaline cells for convenient battery backup. * Typical operation, Tx:Rx: Stand-by=5:5:90
200 channels with memory banks
• A total of 200* memory channels can be named with an 8-character channel name for easy recognition. For fast and simple operation, these channels can be grouped into 10 memory banks*. * IC-A15 only. The IC-A15S has 100 memory channels and memory banks are not available.
BC-179 holder type battery charger
• The battery charger, BC-179, securely holds and charges the radio, even in bumpy conditions. The cigarette lighter cable, CP-22, can be used with the BC-179.
• 5W typ. (PEP), 1.5W typ. (CW) output power
• Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via a third party aviation headset
• LCD backlight for night time operation
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
• Low battery indication and beep alert
• Adjustable microphone gain setting
• BNC type antenna connector