Icom’s A220 panel mount transceiver is a popular fit with experimental and light sport pilots. This ground to air transceiver has the capability to work on both 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing frequencies. It features the brightest OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display on the market offering many advantages in brightness, vividness, high contrast, wide viewing angle and response time compared to a conventional display. The A220 also features a built in 2 station intercom, 12 or 24 volts compatible, automatic squelch and GPS memory function.
Output power: 8W
RX frequencies: 118.000-136.992MHz plus 161.650-163.275 weather channel
Receiver type: 8.33/25kHz
RX frequencies: 20 regular, 50 group, 10 GPS, 10 weather & 20 auto stack memory
Receiver type: OLED
RX frequencies: Mobile mount or mount in power supply
High visibility & readability
• The OLED emits light from organic materials, so a display backlight is not required. It provides an extremely higher contrast and a very wide viewing angle of almost 180 degrees. In addition, the OLED display is set close to the front panel. Well laid out characters help identify important information like operating frequencies. White characters on a black background show clear easy to read operating information. With white key backlighting, the white OLED display matches modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness at day or night.
• The A220’s display has a wide active area, so operating frequencies’ characters can be maximized in the display, while operating status can be shown on both top and bottom. The A220’s OLED can display 4-level gray scale from darker gray to bright white and increases readability. This gradation is used, for example, in showing selected items in the settings menu.
GPS memory function
•A pilot with the A220 connected to an external GPS receiver can pick up the local tower frequencies and automatically store them into the radios memory. This makes for a hands-free safe transaction
Easy channel selection
• It’s fast and easy to select any of memory channels in the A220. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dual watch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. In addition, the auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allow you to recall those channels easily. All switch buttons and knobs are illuminated with pure-white backlighting that is the same color as the OLED display.
Large, multi-function LCD
• Automatic squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level
• Built-in voice activated intercom function allows pilot and co-pilot to talk via the headset
• Connect the A220 to an external GPS
• Built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V DC power source
• Automatic weather channel scanning and receive
• Dualwatch and priority watch functions
• One touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
• Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
• ANL (Automatic noise limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
• Remote control capability
• Dial lock and panel lock
• Slim 34mm (1.34 inch) height can be installed in a limited panel space
• D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
• Two types of menu mode; settings menu and configuration menu